Excitement reigns supreme! Sitting in a seat has becoming a challenge and I want it to be race day now. Today saw my last 3 mile tapered run before the main event. Almost hope it’s not as nice a day on Sunday as I’ve only trained in what feels like the longest winter of my life.
Advise is swimming through my head, battling with PMA, what to pack, what I need and my wife tripple checking logistics. It’s hard to describe the feeling of excitement but suffice to say it’s big, 26.2 miles of big and a fair distraction. My kit is nearly packed and ready to go. For the main event I will be running in my Meningitis Trust Vest, Ron-hill Shorts, Inov8 socks and Reds with my bum bag packed and containing:
- 5 SIS energy gels – tried and tested on the Bissoe Trail: 4 for the event and 1 spare
- Driving Licence – incase of emergencies
- Oyster Card, £20 and a credit card – to cover other emergencies and get me back to the hotel
- Toilet paper – to cover pit stop emergencies)
- Headphones – to call on the Boss, Bruce Springsteen, if motivation starts to fail me
- Soft Glasses case – running in my glasses and this may be needed to safely store them
A final sponsorship plea: http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/OllyBrand
Thanks to all those that have generously given. My total now stands at over £2000 and I’ve over the moon with this! Exceeding the target was a great day and has done wonders for my stress levels. For those of us on a charity place hitting the minimum amount is a requirement of entry into the event.
Thanks all for the support, advice, sponsorship and training partners, with special thanks to Truro Running Club and Jez Mancer of motive8me.com. I blame the last two for the revised goal of 3:30.